Favorite Quotes By Bruce Lee

Remember, success is a journey, not a destination. Have faith in your ability. You will do just fine. ~ Bruce Lee

Research you own experience; absorb what is useful, reject what is useless and add what is essentially your own. ~ Bruce Lee

Whenever I look around, I always learn one thing and that is: always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself. ~ Bruce Lee

The greatest mistake is to anticipate the outcome of engagement; you ought not to be thinking of whether it ends in victory of in defeat. Let nature takes its course and your tools will strike at the right moment. ~ Bruce Lee

You have to create your own luck. You have to be aware of opportunities around you and take advantage of them. ~ Bruce Lee

Defeat is a state of mind; no one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to exert greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing, it is a path leading to success and truth. ~ Bruce Lee

Monday, February 6, 2012

One more week down - 9 more to go - First Stop is within sight

I have been pretty focused and committed to my goal of competing in a figure competition in April.  Although nine weeks seems like a good amount of time, I feel like it is right around the corner.  I have been struggling with many things including figuring out how to manage all of my commitments and get all my workouts in.  I was doing really great with getting all my workouts in until today when I over slept because I stayed up two hours to late, I didn't even hear my alarm clock, which is shocking. I guess that means my body is really needing at least 7 hours of sleep.  Tonight I am headed back to bed at the normal time because I definitely have to get up early to workout.

I have a confession - yesterday I ate a handful of potato chips and to be honest they tasted pretty good.  I know I was cheating but I just couldn't overcome the urge. So I gave myself permission to have a couple as long as I got right back on my plan.  I am proud to say that today I did just that but I need to work on eating nuts when I am not supposed to - I just love walnuts so they are hard for me to have - I actually put them in the cabinet so I don't see them very often.  This has helped a little.

Overall in my plan I think I have done well and my results have been great.  Here are my new pictures and measurements - if you look at the other blogs I am sure you can see the difference in my body - I know I can.  I am also excited to say that I am only two pounds away from where I was when I met my wonderful boyfriend.  (Side note, I am very lucky to have such an awesome and supportive man be part of my life.  I don't know that I thank him enough or tell him how much I appreciate him, so I think I will text him even though he is in the other room playing video games with a friend.)








Weight 177
Body Fat down 28.3 %  (loss of 1.6%)
Chest 38.5"
Natural Waist 31.25"
Belly Button 33"
Full Hips 41.25"
High Hips 39.5" (I think)
Right/Left Thigh 26.75" each leg








I am definitely noticing less cellulite in my legs and that my butt looks tighter and lifted.  I also notice more ab definition and more toned muscle throughout my body but especially my arms.  I have noticed many other things as well that have changed, although you can't see them physically, my endurance has increased, my strength has improved, my stamina has increased and I can physically do things I didn't think were possible for me like sprint at an 8.0 on the treadmill for 60 seconds and a 9.0 for 30 seconds.  I am also able to mentally push myself for just a few more seconds each time I work out.  This is the keep to increasing my ability to achieve beyond what I think I am capable - I tell myself - just five more seconds, two more seconds, one more second, and pretty soon I have gone 10 more seconds that I thought I was previously capable of doing which keeps increasing my ability to go farther.  

I still have a ways to go before the show but the important thing is that I continue to make progress towards my goal and everyday I get one step closer and one step stronger.  I know that the show is a stop on my journey to a healthy me and that no matter how much I do, I may not feel like I did enough for the show and that is okay because this is a process and journey about my self discovery and personal accomplishment.  I have have a great support system and I know that they will help me get through this journey.  I trust my coach and I trust the process (which is something I learned from Lori Harder from my first group coaching call with my coach - Jill Coleman).  I know that she knows what she is doing and that she wants me to succeed as much as I want to.  I am excited to be challenging myself in ways I never have. I am completely excited to keep seeing how far I can go with my fitness and I hope that I motivate other people, not only to reach their fitness goals but to reach any goal they have been putting off.

Thank you everyone for your continued support.  You all are amazing people and I appreciate all of you.

Defeat is a state of mind:  no one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality.  To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to exert greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing;  it is a path leading to success and truth ~ Bruce Lee Wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment