Favorite Quotes By Bruce Lee

Remember, success is a journey, not a destination. Have faith in your ability. You will do just fine. ~ Bruce Lee

Research you own experience; absorb what is useful, reject what is useless and add what is essentially your own. ~ Bruce Lee

Whenever I look around, I always learn one thing and that is: always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself. ~ Bruce Lee

The greatest mistake is to anticipate the outcome of engagement; you ought not to be thinking of whether it ends in victory of in defeat. Let nature takes its course and your tools will strike at the right moment. ~ Bruce Lee

You have to create your own luck. You have to be aware of opportunities around you and take advantage of them. ~ Bruce Lee

Defeat is a state of mind; no one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and its punishment is but an urge for me to exert greater effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing, it is a path leading to success and truth. ~ Bruce Lee

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Update for First Month

I started my goal and this blog one month ago and I have been trying to focus on it and figure out how to make it part of my normal life.  Truth be told this has been a struggle especially through the holidays.  As with most people I have gained a few pounds which have been difficult to take off partly because I got sick and partly because my nutrition and fitness haven't been consistent. Consistency is my biggest challenge to achieving my fitness goal.  I haven't been consistent and life has distracted me.  I know this may sound grim to some of you but it is the truth and the reality of why I haven't made any real progress in the past month.  I took new pictures and to be honest with you, I do not see any signs of physical progress from by physique except I look tanner but no true visual changes.  Here are the pictures to prove it:

One Month
Starting Point

I can't tell much of a different between the two except maybe the angle of the picture








Starting Point


One Month
Again I have a hard time telling the difference but I do think my legs are starting to look a little less dimpled but it could also have to do with the lighting  and there could be a slight bit more muscle tone in my shoulders and back.










Starting point
One Month
One Month
Starting Point
  
Here I can see that I am standing taller more confident and my butt may be lifted up a bit/tighter.  I also might have leaner legs, but again hard to tell. There may be a slight improvement in my legs.

If you see anything I don't in the above pictures please let me know :)

With all the challenges I have had, I am glad to report that I am still working towards my goal and I have to remember this is a process and as they say "Rome wasn't built in a day."  So changing my physique is a lifestyle change that not only impacts me but the people around me.  Sometimes I feel that I am learning to walk - I am making progress but boy have I had my fare share of falls and some have been harder than others.  

Not so I sound do gloom and doom or too critical of myself.  I have made some really good progress including working on eating better every day, reading The Metabolic Effect Diet book (which I highly recommend), working out daily and now starting to get up on my own to work out in the morning, figuring out how to get into bed early to get enough sleep, engaged in a coaching program with my health insurance and I have also started a coaching program for the next year with Jill Coleman at www.jillfit.com which I am excited about.  Being involved in the coaching program will help me continue to make long lasting progress beyond just the figure competition.  Her program isn't just about the physical aspects of being healthy but also the mental ones as well.  It is ironic in a way that I have started paying more attention and focus on the mind body connection and I found her.  

I am also still planning on competing.  The competition is only 79 days away and I have a lot of fat to lose but it is still doable with increased focus and discipline.  The most important thing is that I am learning about myself and challenging myself to grow in ways I have never done before, therefore it is important for me to be able to make changes that I will be able to stick with for life and that will increase the positive aspects of my relationship with myself and my partner, Kirk.  

Today's thought to ponder:  

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge,  but rather a lack of will." ~ Vince Lombardi










No comments:

Post a Comment